[RFC] wrc & windres

Jeff Smith whydoubt at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 5 09:51:18 CST 2002

>From: "Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com>
>Hi folks,
>
>As we discussed here a few weeks ago, there is good reason
>to have a windres compatible mode for wrc.
<snip>
>That being said, what would it take to (1) keep the current wrc
>behavior, and (2) make it compatible with windres?

Here is an alternative idea for dealing with command-line
incompatibility: create a link 'windres' pointing to 'wrc'.
In the program, we could determine how the program was
invoked and handle the command-line options accordingly.

This should technically work, unless we find some reason
to 'mix' command line options, in which case we we would
have to start 'blending' the two syntaxes.  Please note
that I am not familiar with the command line options of
either program.

<snip>
>The modification will typically be:
>-WINDRES=windres
>+WINDRES=wrc

WINDRES would not have to be changed using this method.

-- Jeff S.