[RFC] wrc & windres

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Dec 5 10:10:46 CST 2002

On December 5, 2002 10:51 am, Jeff Smith wrote:
> This should technically work, unless we find some reason
> to 'mix' command line options, in which case we we would
> have to start 'blending' the two syntaxes.  Please note
> that I am not familiar with the command line options of
> either program.

If there more many conflicts, I'd agree with you, but ATM
at the moment it looks real simple to just mix the commands
(that is, also support windres commands in wrc).

> <snip>
>
> >The modification will typically be:
> >-WINDRES=windres
> >+WINDRES=wrc
>
> WINDRES would not have to be changed using this method.

Creating a symlink is orthogonal to this problem. Even if
we mix the commands, we can still create the symlink, but
I don't think it's really necessary. In fact, we shouldn't
probably do it, as windres can be compiled to exists on
Linux also.

--
Dimi.