[RFC] winewrap

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Fri Dec 6 11:51:01 CST 2002

On December 6, 2002 12:51 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> The problem I see with the symlink is that it's too fragile. As soon
> as you move/rename anything it breaks. Copying the script is already
> better, but I also think we should hardcode the app name instead of
> relying on $0, so that you can rename the script and it still works.

Fair enough. But I would suggest we modify the script (as in the one
I sent) to allow the execution of the app out of _its_ build tree.
There isn't much point in requiring the app to be in the path, no?
Moreover, many Win32 apps don't even have an install target to their
Makefiles, so running out of the build tree is the only option.

> > Also, should I delete the intermediate files? I think I should,
> > one can get to them by manually running winebuild.
>
> Yes, and you should use temp file names I think.

Fine. What about the readelf hack? Should I open the file myself,
and check for the ELF signature. As far as I can say, the .res
files have no signature, right?

--
Dimi.