Dll separation question

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 6 15:09:20 CST 2002

--- Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> Martin.Wilck at fujitsu-siemens.com wrote:
> > when writing code for DLL X, which functions from other DLLs may I call?
>
> As a Wine outsider, let me make a wild guess:
>
> To a first approximation, a nice way of thinking about it might be
>    Write new DLLs using only published Microsoft APIs
>    already implemented in other Wine DLLs.
>    Ideally, new DLLs would work as replacements
>    if compiled and run on a real Windows box.
> (although of course a whole lot of DLLs probably
> can't meet that strict definition.)
>
> - Dan

This is kind of what I work on when I have time for the ReactOS project. If a WINE dll works under
Windows then as ReactOS is developed the same dll and API will be there for ReactOS. This doesnt
always work for the lower level stuff like advapi, ntdll, kernel32 and others but the more higher
level stuff is getting there.

Thanks
Steven