Let --disable-debug actually do something

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Fri Dec 6 15:27:51 CST 2002

"Medland, Bill" <Bill.Medland at accpac.com> writes:

> Oh.  So how is setting --disable-debug supposed to result in the FIXMES
> being compiled out?  I just don't understand what is supposed to be
> happening here; all I know is that it isn't working.  (Or is that not what
> it is supposed to do?)

It's what it's supposed to do, but it's clearly broken, and has been
for a very long time, basically because no one uses it.

A possible fix is to hack configure to pass the flags on the compiler
command-line; another is to remove the configure option completely and
just tell people who really want it to do something like:

   make clean
   make all EXTRADEFS=-DNO_DEBUG_MSGS

--
Alexandre Julliard