Failure running 1998-era online manual

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Sat Dec 7 13:44:08 CST 2002

Eric Pouech a écrit :

> > It sounds like mmioOpen's documentation at
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/multimed/mmfunc_665q.asp
> > is incomplete; it doesn't describe what the function does when
> > there's no filename, just a +init, in the string passed to mmioOpen.
> > I tried patching the source for MMIO_ParseExtA to assume an extension of ""
> > in this case, but it didn't help, the program still exits.
> I'll try to look at it. (it may not even be mmio related)
this ain't mmio related...
the trace you posted is from running edoc32 without arguments
if you pass TOSHIBA.M14 as an argument, all loading works fine and as
you reported
- a first splash screen is displayed
- a second screen is then displayed, and then exits

from the traces before the apps closes it windows, we have:
- a failure to load a key: SOFTWARE\\Modern Age Books\\Books\\203-1
  as the install process didn't to an end on my box, that's may be the
cause (you can check if you have it on your windows install)
- a dialog box (about the license) cannot be opened

if you add this to system.reg
[Software\\Modern Age Books\\Books\\203-1] 1039280652
"License Accepted"="1"
the first issue is solved (and doesn't trigger the second one)
I won't have time to look at the second issue (sounds like it doesn't
find some dialog ressource, may be it's part of the aborted installation
process)

HTH

A+