Fw: Loading Autorun.inf on CD's

Fabian Cenedese Cenedese at indel.ch
Mon Dec 9 03:08:27 CST 2002

> > If we tweak the registry of a .inf (winedefault.reg), we can ask it to
> > launch a tiny program that will open the .inf and run the program
> > specified.
>
>Sounds like it could work, but what about inf installer files (ie TweakUI's
>inf, or driver inf files) how would they be handled?

Generally, .inf files are all installer files, only the autorun.inf is
something
special. If the file on the CD is named differently it doesn't work anymore.
So we would just have to check for this name. I don't know how it is done
on Windows, what makes the auto-insert check. But whatever program
gets the insert notification it should call 'wine wineautorun.exe autorun.inf'.
Wineautorun.exe will parse the autorun.inf. And all other .inf go to the
installer.

bye  Fabi