Question about STRICT

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Dec 9 13:58:48 CST 2002

On Sat, 7 Dec 2002, Vincent Béron wrote:
[...]
> I await your comments on it.
[...]
> +#ifndef NO_STRICT
> +#ifndef STRICT
> +#define STRICT
> +#endif /* STRICT */
> +#endif /* NO_STRICT */

I did not know this was in the Windows headers but it is. Thus I think
it makes sense to add it to 'windef.h' (with a bit of indentation for
the #ifdefs).

I suppose Winelib applications would need it. The only question is
whether the Wine code should rely on it too: it's not very clean in that
if you don't #inlude <windef.h> (directly or indirectly) then -DSTRICT
is not turned on.

But I'm not sure Wine has files that don't include windef.h at some
point since windef.h is relatively low level.

 The greatest programming project of all took six days; on the seventh day the
  programmer rested. We've been trying to debug the *&^%$#@ thing ever since.
                      Moral: design before you implement.