wpp

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Dec 9 16:09:04 CST 2002

On Sun, 8 Dec 2002, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
[...]
> Hmm, I don't know about that either -- windres certainly calls gcc -E,
> and it's working just fine. Anyway, I don't see a compelling reason to
> change the status quo, thanks for helping me clarify this issue.

What we might do is change the way we compile rc files so that we use
gcc -E rather than wpp and see if that causes problems. This would have
to be done in Wine and in winemaker (especially in winemaker). That way
if there are problems we would be more likely to discover them (though
it might take a few months) and would still be able to easily switch
back to using wpp if necessary.

                            -- from some indian guy