WinXP advapi32_test

Kye Lewis kyethespy at liquid2k.com
Mon Dec 9 23:34:07 CST 2002

Hi,

It would seem to be that all advapi32_test is trying to do is overflow,
and see if wine (or in this case windows) responds correctly. As far as
I can see, there is currently no way that that test could *ever* work
properly. Maybe I have an old version of this file? (Or maybe I'm
missing something completely obvious)

In the version of dlls/advapi32/tests/registry.c that I have, it puts
"xxxxxxxxxx" into both value and data, and in *most* cases, expects
either Test or foobar (or a truncated version depending on the other
values) to be returned.

How can Test OR foobar ever be returned from xxxxxxxxxx?
It always seems to fail because of this. It expects a truncated word
(because it's been overflowed) which is fair enough, but it expects "Te"
for example, and gets "xx" instead, and this is why it seems to be
failing these tests.

Thanks,
Kye Lewis

You can reach me at: