strcat+strcat+strcat == baaad"

Greg Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Tue Dec 10 02:08:53 CST 2002

On Tuesday 10 December 2002 01:10 am, Jeff Smith wrote:
> Can we do something like throw up a message box before loading the
> debugger, asking if we want to debug?  Or perhaps there should be a
> command-line option to
> the debugger that presents said dialog, then use that option when
> starting the
> debugger in the event of an crash.
>
> Perhaps this can be combined with some of the other ideas to create a
> reasonable
> user experience during a failure.

As you surely all know, this is common practice amongst various
development environments and IMO wouldn't be a bad idea, at least as an
optional (registry-configurable?) thing.  Since I set winedbg to pop up
in my main terminal, I would be especially pleased by this, since it
would allow me to choose which of the ten processes that simultanously
crashed I actually want attached to a debugger... there are all kinds
of fancy possibilities that immediately come to mind, of course, but
talk is cheap.... oh, and another nice thing: this provides feedback
for crashes that occur when no terminal is attached (instead of
silently disappearing windows).

BTW, who the hell is Dr. Watson, and where can I find him 'cause I would
like to beat him to a bloody pulp!  ;)

--
gmt