Janitorial Projects -- conformance tests --recruiting volunteers

Alberto Massari alby at exln.com
Tue Dec 10 03:31:10 CST 2002

At 17.01 09/12/2002 -0800, Francois Gouget wrote:
>On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Kye Lewis wrote:
>
> > > C:\Downloads\Linux>advapi32_test.exe registry
> > > h:\wine\wine\dlls\advapi32\tests\registry.c:96: Test failed: value set
> > > 'xxxxxxxxxx' instead of 'Te'
> > > h:\wine\wine\dlls\advapi32\tests\registry.c:97: Test failed: data set
> > > 'xxxxxxx' instead of 'foobar'
> > > h:\wine\wine\dlls\advapi32\tests\registry.c:111: Test failed: data set
> > > 'xxxxxxx' instead of 'foobar'
> > > registry: 56 tests executed, 0 marked as todo, 3 failures.
> >
> > It is here that I notice a large discrepancy between this test and my
> > test on the same Operating System:
> >
> > h:\wine\wine\dlls\advapi32\tests\registry.c:80: Test failed: data_count
> > set to 24 instead of 7
> > h:\wine\wine\dlls\advapi32\tests\registry.c:81: Test failed: type 2 is
> > not REG_SZ
>[...]
>
>I guess that means the test makes assumptions that are not valid. It
>would be interesting to find out what the differences are between your
>bo and Alberto's: Home Edition vs. Profesional, internationaliztion
>issues, etc.

My machine is an Italian version of XP Home SP1, maybe this could play a
role...advapi32.dll is version 5.1.2600.1106
Anyhow, it seems to me that the results are in line with what the test is
expecting, apart from the fact that the test expects that RegEnumValue will
fill the return buffer with the amount of characters it can hold, even if
the value is longer. But MSDN states that "if the buffer specified by
lpData is not large enough to hold the data, the function returns
ERROR_MORE_DATA and stores the required buffer size in the variable pointed
to by lpcbData. In this case, the contents of lpData are undefined."

Alberto