MSI (MS Installer)

David Fraser davidf at sjsoft.com
Tue Dec 10 07:06:11 CST 2002

Uwe Bonnes wrote:

>It's not wine that needs msiexec, it's some application with it's
>installer. So this application has to care for msiexec.
>
>If things change and msiexec get's part of the ms core distribution, we can
>reconsider...
>
>Bye

Actually it is included with Windows 2000, XP and Me etc:
Windows® Installer is an installation and configuration service that
reduces the total cost of ownership. The installer ships with Microsoft®
Windows® .NET Server 2003 family, Windows® XP, Windows® 2000, and
Windows® Millennium Edition (Windows® Me). The installer is also
provided as a service pack to Microsoft® Windows NT® version 4.0.,
Windows® 98, and Windows® 95.  (from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/msi/setup/windows_installer_start_page.asp)
Although it depends what you call the ms core distribution I guess...

David