lz32 & kernel32

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Dec 10 13:58:26 CST 2002

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Marcus Meissner wrote:
[...]
> > What should we do? Should we have kernel32 import lz32 and forward the
> > LZ functions it? Or should we do like Windows, which means moving the LZ
> > APIs to kernel32, and turn all the entry points in lz32 into forwards
> > pointing to kernel32 like on Windows?
>
> If the LZ APIs are exposed from kernel32 ... Then I would say yes.
>
> Will the forwarding work for the 16bit version too?

I'm not sure. I don't have the export tables of the 16bit libraries so I
don't know what XP does.
I'm hoping that if krnl386.exe does not export the lzexpand API then we
can cleanly separate it in lzexpand by just calling the 32 version.

            Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes.
       That way, if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away - and barefoot.