Conformance tests on WinNT

Tony Lambregts tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Wed Dec 11 00:36:54 CST 2002

James K Whiting wrote:

>>>I don't think that anyone's posted the results of the conformance tests
>>>as run on NT.
>>>

>>There has been no post on 98SE and ME..
>>Anyone want to Volinteer ??
>>
>>Francos has made it verry simple to do :))
>>
>>Tom
>>

>I have access to Windows ME. Where are the tests and instructions?

The following was shamelessly  copied and pasted from Francois Gouget's
e-mail of 2:29  December 9, 2002

>So what I did is compile them here, whip up a quick batch file to
>invoke them all, and zip them up. You can download them from:
>
>http://fgouget.free.fr/wine/winetests.zip
>

>Just unzip them in some random directory and run them as follows:
>
>runtests.bat
>

>The above script skips the generated tests (for no particular reason)
>and skips the sysparams user32 test because it messes the environment
>badly (e.g. the width of window borders).
>
>Given the number of tests that fail you may want to run them one by one
>to better capture their output. To do so just have a quick look at
>the batch file, running the tests is very easy, e.g.:
>
>kernel32_test.exe path
>

>The zip file I made is very rough on the edges. What we need is:
> * automatic generation of that batch file (by msvcmaker?)
> * automatic zipping of the tests
> * better handling of Wine_Header vs. MSVC_Header tests
> * or maybe just base this on the MinGW cross-compiler rather than the
>Visual C++ 'port'
>
>Volunters welcome.

Since  you have Windows ME you may have better luck with redirecting the
output to a file than I do with 98.
ie:
runtests >  TestResults.txt

or

kernel32_test.exe path > kernelresults.txt

--

Tony Lambregts