SafeDisc 2 support ?

Zsolt Rizsanyi rizsanyi at myrealbox.com
Wed Dec 11 08:40:47 CST 2002

On Wednesday 11 December 2002 15:04, Steven Edwards wrote:
> --- Tom Wickline <twickline2 at triad.rr.com> wrote:
> > Does Current wine support SafeDisc 2 ?
> > If not when will it ?
>
> There were some patches for a SafeDisc driver that might violate the DMCA
> so they were never accepted and if I remeber right it didnt support SD2.

It very probably does not violate DMCA, but 'only' copyright. So with a clean
room implementation there is a chance that it will be included. At least this
was conclusion from the last discussion.

And yes it did not support SD2. Tough it should be not hard to implement
support, if you have a program with SD2. If you are interested, then you
should look at list archives and all the threads where Laurent Pinchart
participated. AFAIK he was only working on this and related issues in wine.

You can use Google's advanced search option to search the archives (by
specifying the site.)

Regards
Zsolt