Stretch Drawing

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Wed Dec 11 09:11:58 CST 2002

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 08:50:24AM +0000, Mike Hearn wrote:
> I think XV (xvideo) might have stuff for hardware scaling, it might be
> worth asking on the xpert list. I was talking to somebody the other
> night who reckoned Director was 4x slower under Wine than Windows,
> potentially because Director thought it couldn't use hardware
> acceleration and was doing all the rendering in software?

Well, Xv certainly supports hardware scaling... But AFAIK only the NVIDIA
binary driver advertizes an RGB pixel format (last time I checked, on G400
or Radeon, you only had YUV pixel formats supported by Xv).

If you speak about video scaling (and not bitmap scaling), that's of course
a whole other story :-)

         Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/