winelib + unicode

Martin Wilck Martin.Wilck at Fujitsu-Siemens.com
Wed Dec 11 09:52:01 CST 2002

Am Mit, 2002-12-11 um 16.17 schrieb Dimitrie O. Paun:

> The -fshort-wchar is the only correct fix to the problem, and just
> by enumerating the other hacks we just confuse the issue.

Agreed - at least I see no need for automating them.

> Who is crazy enough to use the other hacks where there is such a
> simple (and correct) fix available? This option is probably supported
> nowadays by most gcc installations, and for the 1 in 1000 that doesn't
> want to use it (for whatever reason), they will bring it up on wine-devel
> and they'll get an answer. No point in cluttering the documentation
> (Winelib User's Guide), the scripts (winemaker), etc. with them.

well the configure script should probably check if -fshort-wchar is
supported, add the option to CFLAGS if yes, and issue a warning if no.

Martin

--
Martin Wilck                Phone: +49 5251 8 15113
Fujitsu Siemens Computers   Fax:   +49 5251 8 20409