W2K results from the current tests

Rolf Kalbermatter rolf.kalbermatter at citeng.com
Wed Dec 11 14:20:33 CST 2002

> >> W2K results from the current tests as downloaded from
> >> http://fgouget.free.fr/wine/winetests.zip
> >>
> >> They seem to match the WinXP tests mostly ;-).
> >>
> >> Just one remark. The tests output all there results on stderr so to
> >> redirect
> >> all info into a file when starting the batch file the command
> >>
> >> runtests.bat>>result.txt 2>&1
> >>
> >> seems very useful. This may not work on Win9x command prompts but it
> >> does on
> >> W2K and XP.
> >
> runtests.bat>>result.txt 2>&1  does not work on Windows 98 and it is not
> likely to work on any Win9x.

That's what I suspected. I didn't have the time to test it on Win95 but was
pretty sure that cmd.exe on Win9x would not be supporting these Unix like
features.

> > I wondered if the problem was output going to stderr.  I had not had
> > a chance to take a good look at it.  Is there anyway to tell the *test
> > programs* (i.e. not the script) to send output elsewhere, such as
> > stdout?  If not it should be added.  Then piping to a file should work
> > without any special incantations in Windows.  This is significant to me
> > now, as I am taking up Win98SE testing.
> >
> Is there any reason that I should not put a patch together that changes
> the calls to stderr to stdout?

As far as I'm concerned I don't see why test results should go to stderr.
But I do not know about the possible background on Unix platforms for this.
If you want to do a patch I think this would be helpful and then see if
Alexandre is committing it ;-)

Rolf Kalbermatter