Serious problem with / and mount points

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Wed Dec 11 22:18:53 CST 2002

Trying to read a dvd rom that wasn't mounted,

I did "dir" in wcmd. The label of the disc was displayed and "file not
found".
C>d:
D>dir
Volume in drive D is SPY_KIDS
Volume Serial Number is 1234-5678

File not found

                  0 bytes free

I then mounted the dvd and typed "dir" again.
D>dir
Volume in drive D is SPY_KIDS
Volume Serial Number is 1234-5678

Directory of D:\

01/01/1970  01:00:00   <DIR>        a_imprim
01/01/1970  01:00:00   <DIR>        audio_ts
       2 files                    7,904 bytes
       7 directories                  0 bytes free

@>

It appears that the '@' letter is normally inexistant and points to the
root of the system, '/' directory (my dvd is mounted under /mnt/dvd).

@>cd
@:\mnt\dvd
@>

When trying to do "cd ..", the command silently fails and does nothing.

Comments ?

=====
Sylvain Petreolle
spetreolle at users.sourceforge.net
Fight against Spam ! http://www.euro.cauce.org/en/index.html
ICQ #170597259

"Don't think you are. Know you are." Morpheus in Matrix, chapter 15.