Houston, we have a problem...

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Dec 12 10:42:45 CST 2002

On December 12, 2002 11:38 am, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> The depend: target doesn't depend on the tools, because that would
> slow things down a lot. makedep doesn't change often enough for this
> to be a real problem; and a make clean will fix it anyway.

Speaking of makedep: we have this non-standard "" vs <> convention
for include files, which is (1) potentially confusing, and (2) can
cause problems in Winelib apps that have private headers that conflict
with names of our headers.

If I understand it correctly, the rationale is to be able to easily
segregate the host system headers from the Win32 headers, as we don't
want the former included in the dependencies for speed reasons
(otherwise we would slow down make).

But what about determining these are runtime. A simple stat in our
include dir is fast, and should tell us whether we need to include
the file in the dependencies or not.

--
Dimi.