wine/tools mingwrap.c

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Dec 12 15:27:06 CST 2002

On 12 Dec 2002, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
[...]
> Actually there is no excpt.h in the standard unix includes, so it
> doesn't need to be in msvcrt/, it can be moved with the normal
> includes.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to mix the MSVCRT headers with the others.
Sure there is no excpt.h header in the standard Unix headers. But there
are many headers we cannot move: malloc.h, stdlib.h, string.h, etc. So
we'll end up with some headers (conio.h, crtdbg.h, io.h) mixed in with
the regular Wine headers, and some others which will be kept separate.
Then there is the case of headers such as direct.h that exist on some
Unix platforms and not on others.

Then, what happens if a header similar to excpt.h includes a header such
as stdlib.h. It will only work with msvcrt's stdlib.h thus causing
trouble if the user is using the regular C library headers instead.

So I'm not convinved that moving excpt.h is any better or cleaner than
leaving it in the msvcrt directory.