Wineboot

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at sun.consumer.org.il
Fri Dec 13 01:48:18 CST 2002

I want to speak out against Dimi's idea. It is fine as far as renaming
files in Wininit.ini, and maybe performing the delayed RenameFileEx. It
is not the right place, however, for performing the Run and RunOnce
sections.

The reason is that Run and RunOnce may rely on future events happening.
I know places where RunOnce was a full fledge GUI program which required
further user intervention. Do we really want to pop that up when wine EXITS?

Fabian Cenedese wrote:

> If the reboot gets delayed and I just quit the program, is the reboot
> still called
> at wine exit? Or would it be better if wine checks on every start if
> there are
> things necessary to complete (copy files...)? Maybe already too late.

I think that is the right thing to do. If someone clicked "do not reboot
Windows", maybe becasue that's what they are used to have to click, they
still expect the windows to be ok the next time.