Owner/permissions on system.reg etc

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Fri Dec 13 18:35:56 CST 2002

Before I waste hours on searching through the code can someone answer this?

The way I like to run Wine is to have a single copy of system.reg and
userdef.reg in a central location and then each user has a symbolic link to
them (and the cached metrics) but a true copy of the user.reg.  (I know that
this is not going to work if multiple users simultaneously access it).

However the ownership and permissions on the system.reg and userdef.reg change
each time the wineserver runs.

Presumably wine is actually creating new copies and relinking and this is why
the ownership etc. changes.  Would it be resonable at least to attempt to
preserve the group permissions if not the whole ownership etc.

--
Bill Medland