Uninitialized lpVtbl for IExtractIconA in PidlToSicIndex

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sat Dec 14 07:06:49 CST 2002

    Duane> Uwe Bonnes wrote:
    >> Hallo,
    >>

    >> xilinx _pn.exe crashes again. It seems related to the shell updates
    >> today.  In PidlToSicIndex the call to IShellFolder_GetUIObjectOf
    >> succeeds, but ei seems uninitialized and call to
    >> IExtractIconA_GetIconLocation goes astray:
    >>

    Duane> And Xilinx fpga_editor also crashes, when attempting to bring up
    Duane> the "Open" dialog. Sounds like it could be the same thing. I did
    Duane> not narrow it down beyond one of the Dec 12 patches (which I
    Duane> assume Uwe is referring to).

Rolf answered in PM. The CVS server seemed doen for him. He send me appended
fix and promises to send a patch the wine-patches when he can access the cvs
server again. The fix works for me.

Bye

Aendere die Linie 289 in shell32/folders.c
<Translated: Change Line 289 in shell32/folders.c>

 IExtractIconA* IExtractIconA_Constructor(LPCITEMIDLIST pidl)
 {
        ICOM_THIS(IExtractIconWImpl, IExtractIconW_Constructor(pidl));

-       return (IExtractIconA *)(This->lpvtblExtractIconA);
+       return (IExtractIconA *)&(This->lpvtblExtractIconA);
 }
  *  IExtractIconA_QueryInterface

Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de