Fixing regressions (was: Re: OSS hang)

Greg Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Sat Dec 14 08:43:09 CST 2002

On Saturday 14 December 2002 10:20 am, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Eric Pouech wrote:
> > this patch by Dan Kegel fixes a hang up while finishing playing
> > wave files on the OSS driver
>
> Eric's pretty liberal with credit.  I just pinpointed the
> regression without understanding the code, and he wrote the proper
> fix.
>
> That was fun, by the way!  I enjoyed learning how to
> hunt through CVS for what caused a problem to appear,
> and it was really gratifying to see an official patch
> so quickly as a result.
>
> Is there a list of other known application regressions?
> I might want to tackle one more.  This seems like a good
> way for newbies to contribute.
> - Dan

I've got one for 'ya: KazaaLite.  Used to be the instructions in the
appdb (which specified a few "dll"="native"'s and a couple of
"dll"="builtin"'s) worked; nowadays, everyone's attempts seem to result
in some manner of failure.

Lots of wine users seem to want KazaaLite ;)

--
gmt

P.S.: an interesting OT tidbit: A friend of mine recently said he didn't
want to use Kazaa because they were charging $2/mo.  No idea if his
understanding was correct (he's not a techie, fwiw), but it's
interesting that he got that impression, either way.