PATCH: implemented Fiber APIs

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Tue Dec 17 09:46:11 CST 2002

On December 17, 2002 04:59 am, Alberto Massari wrote:
> It's just a matter of deciding what is best from a maintenance point of

I would say grouping the working code is preferable (second patch you sent)
as the ugliness does not interfere with one's reading of the code.

> There are valid arguments in favour of both styles, and I have no strong
> feelings, so I will submit the new patch shortly.
> In any case... what is the policy in this case?

In general we don't go for either method, but rather we test for the
feature in port.h, and if absent we have our own implementation in
port.c. But it doesn't work well in this case.