Include_winsock_h_before_stdlib_h_or_use_the_MSVCRT_library

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Wed Dec 18 07:15:50 CST 2002

On December 18, 2002 03:28 am, Francois Gouget wrote:
> Or did you really mean that winsock.h includes sys/types.h which then
> includes sys/select.h which defines FD_CLR? If that's the case then a
> bit of reordering of code in winsock.h should solve the problem.`

Indeed, that is the problem. At line 60 in include/winsock.h we have:

#ifndef __WINE_USE_MSVCRT
/* Get the u_xxx types from the Unix headers. They will do and doing it
 * this way will avoid redefinitions. But on FreeBSD we may get macros
 * and prototypes for htonl & co. This means the functions will not be
 * called because of the macros. So this should not harm us too much unless
 * we try to define our own prototypes (different calling convention).
 */
# include <sys/types.h>

So this seems to try to solve the problem, but it is the very thing that
causes it. It looks like you tried to make winsock.h work together with
the Unix headers, so any insight into this problem will be highly
appreciated.

--
Dimi.