strcasecmp

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Dec 19 10:48:23 CST 2002

On December 19, 2002 09:26 am, Waldek Hebisch wrote:
> If we are going to seriously support mingw then we need "mingw headers".
> I am not sure if true mingw headres are different enuugh from normal
> wine and msvcrt headers to warrant extra subdirectory, but logically
> they form a separate set. I suggest to put conditionls (if needed) in
> msvcrt headers corresponding to mingw headers, and make a separate
> subdirectory for mingw headers which emulate Unix headers.

Right. I haven't looked at the mingw headers, but I assume they are
rather similar to the ones in glibc. If that's the case, we can
reuse those (if you have gcc which you have to anyway if you want to
use the mingwrap stuff):

[dimi at dimi wine.src]$ sed -n 290,296p /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2/include/stddef.h
#ifndef __WCHAR_TYPE__
#define __WCHAR_TYPE__ int
#endif
#ifndef __cplusplus
typedef __WCHAR_TYPE__ wchar_t;
#endif
#endif

Which means we can simply -D__WCHAR_TYPE__=unsigned\ short

But we still can not link. For that, we need to reimplement all wchar_t
using functions, and link those in before the glibc ones. Linking tricks
are not my strenght, anyone know how we can do that? Does it work to
just place a lib with those symbols first in the -l list?

--
Dimi.