HELP: DEVMODE def

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Dec 19 18:48:26 CST 2002

> On December 19, 2002 03:20 pm, Ove Kaaven wrote:
>>     union {
>>       struct {
>>         short dmOrientation;
>>         short dmPaperSize;
>>         short dmPaperLength;
>>         short dmPaperWidth;
>>       };
>>       POINTL dmPosition;
>>     };
>
> This is a problem, because it seems we don't have nameless structs
> in g++, and I have no idea how to solve this.

gcc3.2 has them.  I just verified that a fragment like that compiles fine with g++3.2.

Red Hat 8.0, Suse 8.1, and Mandrake 9.0 have already standardized on gcc3.2.

Debian supports gcc3.2 only in their 'testing' distribution,
but historically, a lot of people switch to 'testing'
when they need new stuff.

I have a feeling enough distributions have updated to gcc3.2 that
it might be ok to start depending on it.

- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
Linux User #78045