ThunkTheTemplateHandle and Kazaa

Acke Carlsson ackek at tiscali.se
Fri Dec 20 11:16:24 CST 2002

Hi

On Friday 20 December 2002 02:31 pm, you wrote:
> > It's works for me on Wine-cvs-20021219. Kazaa was broken for a time,
> > but has now work for at least 2-weeks. I don't think the problem was in
> > Wine, the solution was to load "winedefault.reg".
>
> Yes I've got all that. Kazaa 2.0.2 (or is it 2.2... the new one anyway)
> calls ThunkTheTemplateHandle when running in Win98 mode. This function
> needs an implementation to work - a lot of people have similar problems if
> you read the compatability db and forums... I suspect their problem is
> also this function.
>
> So getting a working implementation (and as I said, from my uneducated
> debugging it seems to be nothing much more than a wrapper function) into
> WINE would be very nice :)
>
> Cheers,
> 	Ender

If it's Kazaa Lite 2.0.2 (no spyware and it's the new) I have it running, look on
the about snapshot 5-min old. The full version including spyware I have not test
but that I don't find in version 2.0.2 on the net.

Mean "running in Win98 mode" the [Version] tag in .wine/config I have
"Windows" = "win98".

Looking for the calls ThunkTheTemplateHandle
give nothing,
[ace at ackes KaZaA Lite]$ wine Kazaa.exe &> Kazaa.exe.log
[ace at ackes KaZaA Lite]$ grep ThunkTheTemplateHandle Kazaa.exe.log
[ace at ackes KaZaA Lite]$

But the include "Speed Up.exe" don't run, and Kazaa.exe go down then try
to run it.

How do I check the version on the native dlls under Wine.
My are from a Swedish Win98SE maybe that ...