wineboot - Andy's version

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at sun.consumer.org.il
Sun Dec 22 03:19:24 CST 2002

Ok, I was under the impression that we want something in so that we can
start working on it.

As this is the way you feel about the current wineboot, I think I'll go
a completely new route. Please let me know your thoughts about the new
proposed process.

In windows, some of the boot operations are done by the core "windows".
These include wininit processing, win.ini, rename registry keys, and the
services (can probably wait with these, however). Other things are
performed by explorer when it first starts. These include the run and
runonce keys.

What I'm thinking is incorporating the first group into the wine code
itself (I'm thinking the server startup, synchroniously done). For the
second group, create a wineboot program, and have a single option saying
whether the wineserver should run it on startup or not.

Ideas, comments, opinions are welcome.

                Shachar