[RFH] _FORCENAMELESSUNION

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Sun Dec 22 05:03:35 CST 2002

On Sun, 22 Dec 2002, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Why do we need to define _FORCENAMELESSUNION to get nameless unions
> in oleauto.h? Is this a standard feature, or is it just another Wine
> extension?

It's a standard MS feature, and Wine defines VARIANT exactly like Windows.
Perhaps the problem is more that MS defines __STDC__ only in "strict ANSI
C compatibility without nameless unions mode" or something, and mingw
defines it always? Perhaps you could investigate the mingw headers to see
if they've changed the #ifs around to get around this. If you come up with
something, I could make the necessary changes to my coming-soon oaidl.idl.