tchar fixes: _tcs{dup,icmp}

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Dec 23 21:52:37 CST 2002

On Mon, 23 Dec 2002, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

> That's what I have to do on my system.
>
> Francois, does this seem OK to you? If the fix is right,
> what about the other _str* symbols?

According to the latest sdk I have (2000), _tcsdup is supposed to map to
_strdup and _tcsicmp to _stricmp.

I think the catch is you are supposed to link with the msvcrt library
since these symbols are only exported there.

Now, pointing _tcsdup to strdup should not make any difference. However
I am not sure that _stricmp really behaves exactly like strcasecmp: you
would need to check how each of these handles accentuated characters and
locale.

Then the question is whether tchar.h should be considered to be a pure
msvcrt thing, i.e. don't use it if you don't link to msvcrt, or whether
we want to make is usable in Ansi mode with a regular C library.
Currently we set the macros based on _MBCS and _UNICODE. Maybe we need
to add a WINE_LIBC flag and add mappings to the native C library
routines?

                  A black hole is just God dividing by zero.