tchar fixes: _tcs{dup,icmp}

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Tue Dec 24 11:33:51 CST 2002

On December 23, 2002 10:52 pm, Francois Gouget wrote:
> Then the question is whether tchar.h should be considered to be a pure
> msvcrt thing, i.e. don't use it if you don't link to msvcrt, or whether
> we want to make is usable in Ansi mode with a regular C library.

If using tchar.h forces you to link in msvcrt, it should be moved to
include/msvcrt. Thing is that MinGW supports tchar.h it seems, so we
can do one of two things:
  1. Add conditionals in tchar.h as you suggested to do things differently
     depending on whether or not we link in msvcrt
  2. Move the current tchar.h to include/msvcrt, and create a new one
     to support the MinGW/glibc case.

Alexandre?

--
Dimi.