Old scrolling bug

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Thu Dec 26 20:51:20 CST 2002

Duane Clark wrote:

> Fundamentally, the problem is that the X events are handled out of
> order, because X11DRV_EndGraphicsExposures stripped out particular
> events (due to copying) without accounting for other pending events that
> might be relevant (plain old exposure).

Well, that conclusion appears to not be quite correct. I stuck a
XPending check at the end of X11DRV_EndGraphicsExposures to see whether
there were any pending events, and there were apparently none. So I am
not sure why the GraphicsExpose event is coming out before the regular
expose event, since in real time, they occurred in the opposite order.