PATCH: dlls/cabinet/cabextract.c and off_t

Gerald Pfeifer pfeifer at dbai.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Dec 27 13:49:17 CST 2002

On Fri, 27 Dec 2002, Greg Turner wrote:
>> Short to medium term, do you agree with my fix (#include
>> <sys/types.h>) so that Wine also builds on non-Linux systems?
> Maybe.  I don't object, since it should be harmless to add this, but I
> seem to be missing the point of why sys/types.h is needed at all.
> cab_off_t is just typedef'ed to UINT32, which should compile just fine
> with only winnt.h, I think.  Is there a particular scenario you are
> encountering that fails?  If so, what is the compile error?

The following line is the problem:

 fol->offset[0]  = base_offset + (off_t) EndGetI32(buf+cffold_DataOffset);
                                  ^^^^^

Here we use off_t (which requires sys/types.h), that's why I wrote "If
we really want to use off_t in this file.  Should this simply become
cab_off_t?

Gerald
--
Gerald "Jerry"   pfeifer at dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/