make uninstall trying to remove aclocal??

Mark Knecht markknecht at attbi.com
Fri Dec 27 19:38:25 CST 2002

Hi,
   I note that at the end of make uninstall the scripts seem to be
attempting to remove a shared directory. I really am not sure this is a
good idea, or at the least the desired action is not taking place...

   In my case the directory is actually a link, but I think you should
not be removing it anyway.

Thanks,
Mark

rm -f /usr/local/share/aclocal/wine.m4
rmdir /usr/local/share/aclocal
rmdir: `/usr/local/share/aclocal': Not a directory
make: [uninstall] Error 1 (ignored)

[root at Godzilla share]# ls -al aclocal
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           18 Dec  6 18:00 aclocal ->
/usr/share/aclocal
[root at Godzilla share]#