Make RECT identical to RECTL, fix compile warnings (resending)

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Dec 28 11:07:12 CST 2002

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On December 27, 2002 01:29 pm, Dan Kegel wrote:
>
>>I think this patch touches every single TRACE
>>statement that prints out a RECT.  Many different
>>formats are used... might be nice to standardize them
>>sometime.  ...
>
> Now that you've identified all these places, it seems to me
> the perfect oportunity to standardise them. At the very least,
> we should convert them all to a common format (say (x0,y0)-(x1,y1),
> or anything you fancy) so we can more easily grep/sed for them
> later. But I'd certainly prefer the debugrect() approach, provided
> Alexandre accepts it.

Note that some of these print out the corners,
but others output one corner plus width and height.
Will anyond mind terribly if we always just print out the corners?

I think I'll start off by switching to the common format
you suggest, and using just one macro to deal with arguments.
e.g.
    RECT stuff[20];
    TRACE("the 6th rect is (%ld,%ld)-(%ld,%ld)\n", RECT_LTRB(stuff+5));

That will make it trivial to switch to the debugrect() approach
later, which as someone pointed out involves a bit more infrastructure
work (because of the buffer it has to allocate).  All we'll need is
    find . -name *.c | xargs perl -p -i.bak -e 's/(%ld,%ld)-(%ld,%ld)/%s/g' -e
's/RECT_LTRB/debugrect/g'

Ok, off to do a little patch munging... I can resubmit the patch
this weekend if I'm lucky.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel