Mac OS X Port of WineLib

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Sun Dec 29 10:08:40 CST 2002

> -> WSControl / WSAIoctl need to be adapted to MacOS X.
>    (ioctl() calls can be platform dependent, /proc/net/dev
>    on linux is probably different on OSX)
that'd be an issue if you need those features...
Some folks (R Lunnon for example) face similar issues on Solaris

> -> Debugger seems tied completely to Intel architecture.
>    (Since we will be using WineLib, we probably don't need
>     winedbg, can use gdb?)
you can use gdb.
regarding winedbg, there are (at least two ways) of using it:
- either as a real debugger. porting this to an non Intel arch may
require quite some work
- using winedbg as a remote nub for gdb (winedbg -- -gdb). in this case,
  porting it to a non Intel processor should be pretty much more easy
(there are a couple of #ifdef to implement in winedbg/gdbproxy.c to
implement)

A+
--
Eric Pouech