Problem with ShellExecute and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Dec 29 15:01:17 CST 2002

Duane Clark wrote:
 >> ... the App Paths key is indeed being searched by SearchPath()
>
> That was done inside CreateProcessA (note the relay Call and Ret pair),
> and at least at first glance, appears to be looking for the App Path key
> for "ListV", which is the name of my test application.

Oh.  Right.
Looks like the functionality implemented by
http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-patches/2002/02/0079.html
is the *other* use of "App Paths"

I found a few links that mention both uses:
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/win95nut/chapter/ch03.html
http://www.geocities.com/completehackz/registry.html
http://students.cs.byu.edu/~apippin/aim/aimfaq.htm
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwue/html/ch11c.asp

Maybe I'll try to code up the missing functionity.
Thanks for helping me think about this stuff.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
Linux User #78045