Regression in msvideo patch

Stephen Mollett molletts at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 30 05:30:22 CST 2002

On Sunday 29 Dec 2002 16:40, Eric Pouech wrote:
> could you send me the two traces (before and after the patch) with
> -debugmsg +msvideo...
> (if you have a large band connection - or you can put it on a server
> somewhere - having another pair of traces with -debugmsg +relay,+msvideo
> would be just fine)

Hi,

Here are the basic -debugmsg +msvideo logs. The ones with +relay are at:

http://www.cantoris.demon.co.uk/before-relay.log.bz2 (690,270 B)
http://www.cantoris.demon.co.uk/after-relay.log.bz2 (1,476,695 B)

so as not to explode anyone's mailbox. :-) They will expand to about 300MB (!)
total.

Basically, they just record me opening VirtualDub, opening an AVI and pulling
the position scroller along a bit. Using the version after the patch, Wine
just hangs when the console output is redirected rather than trying to start
the debugger. top shows wineserver using about 75% CPU and wine using the
rest, until I interrupt the process.

Regards,
Stephen