Visual-MinGW: Winelib patch

Manu manubee at wanadoo.fr
Tue Dec 31 12:52:09 CST 2002

Dimitrie O. Paun:

> Hi Manu,
>
> I got around getting Visual-MinGW to compile under Winelib.
> This patch touches only your makefile, and I hope the changes
> are not controversial:
>   -- Use forward slash instead of backslash

Yes, logical.

>   -- Explicitly list the DLLs you link against (shell32, comdlg32, advapi32)
>   -- It make sense to specify -mno-cygwin
>      For some reason, the code seems to require it. Please check
>      that it works under Windows as well. If it does, if makes
>      sense to have it as Visual-MinGW should not have a dependency
>      on Cygwin, as far as I can tell.

-mno-cygwin don't have much sense, since Visual-MinGW is built with
MinGW, under Windows, not Cygwin.

>   -- Do not use -pedantic, the code does not compile with gcc 3.2
>      on Linux with that flag.
>   -- Do not use -fvtable-thunks, it is deprecated in gcc 3.2
>
> Please apply this patch with 'patch -p1 < winelib.diff'.

Apparently, the patch refuses to be applied, probably due to
the fact that I changed a few things in makefiles formating.
BTW, makefiles are generated by Visual-MinGW, so I
suggest to add dedicated makefiles for Winelib.
eg: "makefile.wine".
That way, makefiles for Winelib won't be overwritten by
Visual-MinGW, and it will be more convenient to do some
changes in these.

Indeed, the best way would be to use a configure script.
Anyway, send me your makefiles, I'll commit these to cvs.
Then, you'll have full control on these.

> Note that I still need to get some changes integrated into the
> official Wine tree before you can actually compile Visual-MinGW
> under Winelib. The changes are not controversial, and I hope to
> get them in real soon. I will let you know when that happens.

Ok, thanks.

> Regardless, I think the changes I'm proposing are logical in and
> of themselves, so I figured they can be integrated regardless.

I applied your patch against src/rsrc.rc.

Manu.