resent: GetPrivateProfileInt*() fix

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Sat Feb 2 13:44:01 CST 2002

On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 08:17:45PM +0100, Michael Stefaniuc wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 12:13:57PM +0100, Andreas Mohr wrote:
> Hello!
>
> > these functions were pretty much broken (overflow and signed/unsigned
> > behaviour), so I fixed almost every problem.
> > Some German tax calculation program barfed because of this.
> > Now it works "much" better: it crashes due to a rather familiar BadMatch error
> > at X_GetImage ;-)
> > (I'm almost sure I know where this happens in Wine code, and of course we
> > should really fix that problem finally)
> I have also a german tax program (Steuertipps PC for the year 1999) and
> I tried your patch as is. With or without the patch the program fails
> with a MessageBox. Without patch after clicking "ok" an exception is trapped
> and the debugger starts. With the patch wine just segfaults.
Well, that actually *is* Steuertips PC, although it's 2001.

So does it look like my patch is broken ?
That'd be some rather big surprise to me, given that 1999 should show
the very same behaviour as 2001.
And I certainly don't know of any problem in my patch.

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://home.nexgo.de/andi.mohr/