Another Potential Slave... I mean Programmer

Joerg Mayer jmayer at loplof.de
Sat Feb 2 16:23:12 CST 2002

On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 03:52:32PM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> If people have issues with the existing sound daemons, their time could
> almost certainly be better spent working on the implementations /behind/
> the APIs instead of creating the sound library du jour.  It seems a
> terrible waste of programmer time to try to maintain as many as four
> library layers interposed between Wine programs and the audio hardware.

IIRC, gstreamer is a audio video framework, that provides data in and
*synchronized* audio and video out. So you should not compare it with
esound, alsa etc but with xine-lib or something like that. They just
provide autio out for those drivers.

  ciao
          Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                          <jmayer at loplof.de>
I found out that "pro" means "instead of" (as in proconsul). Now I know