flaky regression(?) - patch.py?id=1012510895681951425038278

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Feb 5 12:54:12 CST 2002

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002 lawson_whitney at juno.com wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Feb 2002 lawson_whitney at juno.com wrote:
>
> > If I have to use the debugger interface I know about, I will have to
> > refine the model a bit.
>
> putting DebugBreak() in the Winelib program seems to get me a recursive
> access violation (c0000005).  Hmmm, should a Winelib program not use
> malloc()?  What should it use instead (please not from a windose c
> runtime dll).  Should it not use getpwuid()?  open()?  syslog()?
> snprintf()?  Surely memcpy() is all right?

A Winelib program should be able to use any of the above except
getpwuid() and syslog(). If they use those then they will not run on
Windows. But they can use them as long as they link with the Unix C
library...

> or is DebugBreak() wrong for a Winelib program?

   DebugBreak() should work, at least on x86, it's just an asm("int3").
But most likely what happens is that there is a problem in the exception
handling.

                  Hiroshima '45 - Czernobyl '86 - Windows '95