flaky regression(?) - patch.py?id=1012510895681951425038278

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Wed Feb 6 16:00:19 CST 2002

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Eric Pouech wrote:

> what still remains to be fixed is adding support for console handles
> based on unix consoles (today, it's still a bit hacky), and implement
> a (n)curse (or xterm as Marcus once did) back end for wineconsole
>
> A+

I didn't mean to criticize the debugger.  It can't display COM objects
in a form I can understand, but I doubt anything could.  In general, I'd
rather have it on a unix console, but if stdin is occupied, it is
reasonable that it needs a winecosole or separate xterm.  In fact, that
is an elegant solution to the general problem of debuggers and terminal
input/output.

I would like to know if/how it is possible to set a watchpoint from
inside, say, a Winelib program (without any UI involved until the
watchpoint trips), but don't waste a lot of your time on it if it's not.

The ability to recall and edit the last command (the one I just
fat-fingered) would be nice.  :-)

Lawson

winedbg is my friend.