Wine license change

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Thu Feb 7 13:29:36 CST 2002

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Andreas Mohr wrote:

> This wouldn't result at all in not having a need to change the license.
> Currently everybody can rob the hell out of us (yeah, I know, drastic
> words :).
> With "selective" licensing, you could make "beneficial" companies benefit.
>
> Anyway, that was only some suggestion of some /. guy, not sure whether
> it's a good idea.

By way of compromise, and maybe keep Gav happy, would it make sense to
license those parts of Wine that have fairly well established
implementations as LGPL, and "stub dll's" as frre-for-all?  I know it is
a fuzzy distinction, and it could be a fair bit of work to actually do
it and I guess it would need to be adjusted continually...

FWIW

Lawson

The Devil finds work for idle minds.