Favor: I need examples of un or poorly documented APIs

Fredrik Ohrn ohrn at chl.chalmers.se
Thu Feb 7 16:36:12 CST 2002

One little gem I found once is "GetInputDesktop", exported from user32.dll
in Windows NT and friends.

It belongs to the "Window Station and Desktop Functions" topic in MDSN
but isn't mentioned anywhere at all. The function can for example be
used to detect if a screen saver is running or if the Login/SAK-screen is
active.

I don't know if it is used by Microsoft in anything that isn't part of the
core OS.

Regards,
Fredrik Ohrn

--
   "It is easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of computers by
   the sense of accomplishment you get from getting them to work at all."

Fredrik Öhrn                               Chalmers University of Technology
ohrn at chl.chalmers.se                                                  Sweden