Time for a Fork

Daniel Walker diwalker at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 9 21:57:13 CST 2002

Dan Kegel wrote:

> It seems clear to me that Wine is just like Unix:
> some people prefer a BSD license, and others prefer a GPL license.
>
> BSD can never convince Linux people to switch licenses, and vice versa.
>
> So be it.
>
> Rather than endlessly debate the issues, I suggest we simply agree
> on an amicable parting of ways.

	 From what I've been reading this is exactly why people want to switch
to LGPL .. The LGPL is suppose to stop forks and prevent people from
harming the project (No value judgement here).. In the end your idea
would just hurt the project by polarizing everyone ..

	If we want to be effective we can't be divided .. Instead of Linux vs.
BSD it would be Wine vs. Wine ..

	And yes, I'm a WINE developer ..

						Daniel Walker